Melissa N. Donimirski, a senior associate at Heyman Enerio Gattuso & Hirzel LLP, focuses her practice in the area of corporate and commercial litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery. Her practice includes litigating stockholder class actions and derivative suits involving mergers and acquisitions as well as other transactions that involve issues of corporate governance, officer and director fiduciary obligations, officer and director indemnity and the resolution of limited partnership and limited liability company disputes. Melissa also has significant experience negotiating and litigating “Business Divorce” matters, which consist of the legal separation of the owners of a privately held business.
Melissa’s practice additionally includes the litigation of commercial contract, non-compete and intellectual property matters in the Delaware Superior Court and the Delaware District Court. On the transactional side, Melissa has experience providing advice to Delaware entities on issues relating to corporate governance in connection with mergers, acquisitions and other significant business transactions.
Melissa is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the State of Delaware and the United States District Court for the District of Delaware. She is a member of the Delaware State and American Bar Associations.
- Widener University School of Law, (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- Bryn Mawr College (A.B., 2002)
- Prickett, Jones & Elliott, P.A., Associate, 2006-2009
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Peggy L. Ableman, Delaware Superior Court, 2005-2006
- Wolcott Law Clerk to the Hon. Jack B. Jacobs, Delaware Supreme Court, 2004-2005
- Delaware State Bar Association
- ABA Business Law Section, Business and Corporate Litigation Committee:
- Business Divorce Subcommittee (Co-Vice-Chair)
- Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court
- Co-Editor, Litigating the Business Divorce (BNA 2016)
- Co-Author, Business Divorce: 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, err…Business Partner, PowerPoint® presentation at the ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting, April 18, 2015.
- Co-Author, Fiduciary Duties and the Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in Limited Liability Companies: Delaware v. New York, PowerPoint® presentation at the New York State Bar Association Meeting, January 29, 2014.
- Co-Author, Recent Developments in Class Action Administration and Settlements: Have They Gone Crazy in Delaware?, PowerPoint® presentation at the ABA Business Law Section Spring Meeting, April 14, 2011.